Digital Helpmates pairs independent consultant tech tutors with clients, while also providing a collaborative team environment with other tutors who work for us. We offer computer tutoring to home and business clients; we aim to simplify their lives and help them enjoy working with their devices. We are growing and looking for local and remote independent contractors with strong people skills and a talent for solving problems. We have an expanding list of clients and need help teaching online classes.
How does it work? Digital Helpmates does the marketing, the billing, answering the phones, dealing with the contracts — and leave the tutoring to you! We offer a fun, collaborative environment with your fellow tutors and a business model that allows you to foster deep, long-term connections with your clients. Our most important value is integrity with our clients and we hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards of honesty. We offer living wages and a great structure to transition into working for yourself as a Tech Tutor.
Right now, we are in need of a Mac, iPhone, and iPad Tutor local to Kitsap County, WA, who should possess the following (in order of importance):
Teaching & Client Support Skills:
- Teaching degree, or equivalent experience (working help desk, tutoring, etc.);
- Patient and pleasant demeanor, but assertive enough to lead and have good boundaries;
- Understands and consistently demonstrates the fundamentals of good teaching techniques;
- Ability to work with individuals no matter their technical need or ability;
- Likes and is empathetic to the needs of seniors.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility.
- Advanced user of Mac OS and iOS, and ideally all products that Apple makes;
- Deep user-level expertise in a wide range of software apps/programs, with an emphasis on all Apple native apps and functionality;
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve most common computer issues without outside assistance (wiping a computer, fixing common email and internet connectivity issues, tweaking system preferences and settings, etc.);
- Has an intermediate to advanced understanding of computer hardware and peripherals, and can explain them to a beginning user in non-technical terms;
- Up to date on latest Apple hardware and software news;
- A broad range of experience with a variety of apps, programs, and websites, beyond the native Apple ones;
- Cross-platform and IT/networking experience a plus.
- Updated Mac, iPhone, and/or iPad.
- Reliable transportation.
- Business liability insurance.
- Registered with the state and/or city with your own business license.
Pay: Starts at $25-48 / hr DOE
To keep our clients as safe as possible, we are conducting almost all of our tutoring sessions and classes remotely. It will be your choice to meet with any client, and we ask that all tutors follow strict masking protocols when meeting in person.