Work with us
Digital Helpmates helps individuals and businesses manage their technology through coaching and one-on-one assistance. We also provide a positive and collaborative virtual team environment with the people who work with us.
How does it work? Digital Helpmates does the marketing, billing, answering the phones, dealing with the contracts — and leaves the tutoring to you!
Read on for our available openings.
windows / pc Tutor
Part-time, 3-15 hrs/wk
$25 – 45 / hr DOE (Contract to start)
Kitsap Peninsula, WA & Remote (mixed)
Our Tutors teach home and business clients how to use their computers and mobile devices. Our main aim is to simplify their lives, save them time at their jobs, and help them enjoy working with their devices. We are growing and looking for local and remote employees with strong people skills and a talent for solving problems.
Candidates should possess the following (in order of importance):
Teaching & Client Support Skills:
- Teaching degree, or equivalent experience (working help desk, tutoring, etc.);
- Patient and pleasant demeanor, but assertive enough to lead and have good boundaries;
- Understands and consistently demonstrates the fundamentals of good teaching techniques;
- Ability to work with individuals no matter their technical need or ability;
- Likes and is empathetic to the needs of seniors.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and flexibility.
- Advanced user of PC/Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365 and GSuite;
- Deep user-level expertise in a wide range of software apps/programs;
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve most common computer issues without outside assistance (wiping a computer, fixing common email and internet connectivity issues, tweaking system preferences and settings, etc.);
- Has an intermediate to advanced understanding of computer hardware and peripherals, and can explain them to a beginning user in non-technical terms;
- Up-to-date on latest Apple hardware and software news;
- Up to date on latest PC/Windows hardware and software news;
- A broad range of experience with a variety of apps, programs, and websites;
- Cross-platform and IT/networking experience a plus.
- Updated PC and smartphone;
- Consistent and high-speed wifi available during all working hours.
- A dedicated and private office space where you can be uninterrupted while working with clients.
- Reliable transportation (if providing in-person tutoring).
To keep our clients as safe as possible, we are conducting almost all of our tutoring sessions, classes, and virtual assistant services remotely at this time, with occasional in-person sessions when necessary. All contractors who are unvaccinated will be required to follow strict masking protocols when meeting in person, and to show proof of vaccination at all times when unmasked in person.